Entertainment such as a musical performance or game show can brighten the day of a child in the hospital. The Walmart/Sam’s Club Media Center provides the ideal space to perform, as the show can usually be broadcast to the TV in every patient’s room. For privacy, infection control and general safety reasons, no patient room visits will be permitted.
Planning your visit:
- All performances should be scheduled through Child Life by submitting the Application for Media Center Entertainers form. Visits are scheduled Monday through Friday at 11 am or 2 pm.
- All performances must be screened and approved in advance by Child Life. Please allow 4 weeks for application screening and booking. The best activities for our patients are:
- Highly entertaining and invite participation
- Appropriate for many ages
- Physically and emotionally safe
- Religiously and politically neutral
- Previous successful experience entertaining children is essential. Please submit a short video with your application for screening purposes (cell phone videos are acceptable).
- All visitors must be at least 16 years old and in good health. Anyone who is not feeling well, has a fever, cough, cold, etc. should not visit. Additional restrictions may be in place during flu season, which is typically November through April.
- The size of the group should be six people or less.
- Performances should last 30-45 minutes.
- The performance theme should be child-friendly.
- Come prepared with everything needed for the visit. All materials and props used must be safe and approved by Child Life in advance of the visit.