Nemours Children’s Clinic, Jacksonville, pediatric urologist Erica Mercer, MD, is now seeing patients at Wolfson Children’s at Southeast Georgia Health System in Brunswick.
She continues to see patients at Nemours Children’s Clinic, Jacksonville. She and her colleagues perform surgical procedures at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
At Wolfson Children’s at Southeast Georgia Health System, Dr. Mercer is providing consultations and minor office procedures for children with disorders of the urinary tract and external genitalia, including:
- Enuresis – bedwetting
- Hematuria – blood in the urine
- Hydrocele – fluid-filled, swollen sac around testicle
- Hydronephrosis – swollen kidney due to poor kidney drainage
- Hypospadias – opening of urethra on underside of penis instead of tip
- Inguinal hernia – protrusion of abdominal contents into groin wall
- Meatal stenosis – narrowing of the urethral opening
- Multicystic kidney – malformed kidneys made up of cysts
- Neurogenic bladder – lack of bladder control
- Penile and labial adhesions – fusing of skin on penis in boys and of labia in girls
- Posterior urethra valve – extra skin flap causing blockage in male urethra
- Undescended testicle – failure of testicle to move into proper position in scrotum
- Ureteropelvic junction (UPJ) obstruction – a blockage where urine leaves the kidney
- Urinary tract infection – infection of any part of the urinary system
- Varicocele – enlargement of scrotal veins
- Vesicoureteral eflux – backward flow of urine from bladder to kidneys
Wolfson Children’s at Southeast Georgia Health System opened in September 2013 to give kids in the Brunswick area easier access to pediatric specialty services. In addition to Pediatric Urology, the center offers Pediatric Rehabilitation Services provided by Southeast Georgia Health System physical, occupational and speech-language therapists, a collaborative service with Wolfson Children’s Rehabilitation, as well as pediatric cardiology provided by the University of Florida College of Medicine—Jacksonville. The center is located on the 3rd floor of the Medical Plaza at 3025 Shrine Road in Brunswick, Georgia.