FAQs about Music Therapy 

What qualifications does a music therapist have?

Music therapists are professionals who have completed an approved college music therapy curricula which includes 1,000 hours of clinical training in music therapy.  Music therapy graduates are eligible to sit for the national examination offered by the Certification Board for Music Therapists.  Music therapists who successfully complete the exam hold the credential Music Therapist – Board Certified (MT-BC). 

How can my child receive music therapy?
Children admitted to the hospital on an inpatient basis must be referred to music therapy by one of our multi-disciplinary staff. Please speak with your child's doctor or nurse.

Does Wolfson Children's Hospital provide outpatient music therapy services?
Currently there is no outpatient music therapy offered through Wolfson. To find a contractual music therapist in your area, please contact the American Music Therapy Association.

Do you have an internship program?
No, unfortunately a clinical training program is not currently available.

Where can I learn more about music therapy?
American Music Therapy Association www.musictherapy.org
Certification Board for Music Therapists www.cbmt.org

Wolfson Children's Logo Click here to find out more about Baptist Health