Our Auxiliary provides volunteer resources to meet a wide variety of needs at Wolfson Children's Hospital.
By spending only three to four hours of service a week, you can be an active member of the Wolfson Children's Hospital Auxiliary! Our members represent all ages and sectors of the community. If you are energetic and want to interact with patients, families, and staff, this is the place for you. Your participation will make a difference.
Areas of service include:
- Admitting and Information: Greet and assist families with information and admissions.
- Wolfie Wagon: Visit patient floors with the traveling store (a gift and snack food service on wheels) to provide items to make patients, families and staff more comfortable.
- Wolfie Mascot: Help Wolfson’s mascot come alive to bring cheer to the children.
- Surgical Services: Assist families and staff and act as a liaison in the surgical waiting, holding and POPS (outpatient surgery) areas.
- Child Life Music: Share with patients and visitors as you play your musical instrument on the unit.
- Library/Media Center: Staff the Library; read, tell a story, share a learning experience with patients or their siblings, and/or assist patients with resource books on the computer.
- School Tours: Lead a tour of elementary children (K-2nd grade) to familiarize them with the hospital setting. (School tours are not conducted during the summer.)
- Handiworks: Share with patients handmade items, including blankets, infant hats, gowns, cloth dolls, and animals, from the community.
- TLC/Hospitality Cart: Visit each patient room and supply patients’ needs for blankets, ice, magazines, and other personal items.
- Office Assistance: Assist hospital staff in designated operations and support and float to areas where assistance is needed..
- Children's Emergency Center and Patient Ambassadors: Assist patients, families and staff. When appropriate, keep communications open between staff and family members in the waiting room. Pass out items to help occupy the patients’ time.
- Clowns: As an experienced clown, visit with patients, families and staff, and share special skills for bringing out the smile in every child.
- Child Life: Provide bedside and planned play activities and crafts with patients.
- Child Life - Puppets: Broaden the patient's imagination with puppets.
- Pet Therapy: Certified Pet Therapy Teams visit patients and families on the floors.
Fill out your Auxiliary membership application online, print and sign it. Then either fax it to 904.202.8007 or email it to WCHAuxiliary@bmcjax.com or send it via the US Mail to WCH Auxiliary, 800 Prudential Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32207.
Interested in special projects and needs? Use the Wolfson's "Wish List" for ideas. This list is coordinated through the Child Life Department.
To learn more about becoming a member of the Wolfson Children's Hospital Auxiliary volunteer team call us at 904.202.8008 or e-mail us at WCHAuxiliary@bmcjax.com. Please provide a telephone number where we can reach you.
The Women's Board of Wolfson Children's Hospital is a volunteer organization whose mission is to further community awareness of Wolfson Children's Hospital's services and facilities and to raise money to ensure the finest pediatric health care is available. Each year, The Women's Board holds two major fundraising events, the Art & Antiques Show and the Florida Forum, which are two of Jacksonville's most popular cultural events.
For information, call The Women's Board at 904.202.2886.