Our Auxiliary provides volunteer resources to meet a wide variety of needs at Wolfson Children's Hospital.
By spending only three to four hours of service a week, you can be an active member of the Wolfson Children's Hospital Auxiliary! Our members represent all sectors of the community. If you are energetic and want to interact with patients, families, and staff, this is the place for you. Your participation will make a difference.
Areas of service include:
- Admitting and Information: Greet and assist families with information and admissions.
- Child Life Music: Share with patients and visitors as you play your musical instrument on the unit.
- Child Life/TLC: Conduct bedside activities with the patients. Assist in ways to make a child’s hospital stay more comfortable. Visit patient rooms and respond to requests for blankets, ice, water, magazines and other support care. (Specific requirements required to apply.)
- Child Life - Puppets: Broaden the patient's imagination with puppets.
- Children's Emergency Center: Assist patients, families and staff. When appropriate, keep communications open between staff and family members in the waiting room. Take patients back to their rooms. Walk patients and families to Fast track area. Visit patient rooms and respond to requests for blankets, ice, water, and other support care.
- Googie*Atrics: As an experienced clown, visit with patients, families and staff, and share special skills for bringing out the smile in every child.
- Handiworks: Share with patients handmade items, including blankets, infant hats, gowns, cloth dolls, and animals, from the community.
- Kiosk: Set up/take down our kiosk selling Wolfson branded items. Proceeds from this kiosk help to fund children’s projects at the hospital.
- Media Center/Crafts: Share books, storytelling and learning experiences with the patients and their siblings and provide patients with reading materials. Assist patient and visitors with the games and movies on the computers. Encourage children to create a make it and take it craft while waiting for their procedure.
- NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit): Specific requirements required to apply.
- Office Assistance: Assist hospital staff in designated operations and support and float to areas where assistance is needed.
- Pet Therapy: Registered pet therapy teams visit patients and families on the floors. (Specific requirements necessary to apply. Click for information.)
- Service Ambassador: Greet and assist newly admitted patients and families and provide them with resource information to orient them to their rooms and the hospital.
- Surgical Services: Assist families and staff and act as a liaison in the surgical waiting, holding and POPS (outpatient surgery) areas.
- Wolfson Greeter: Greet visitors as they come in through the P2 parking garage. Take visitors to their destination.
- Wolfie Mascot: Help Wolfson’s mascot come alive to bring cheer to the children.
- Wolfie Wagon: Visit patient floors with the traveling store (a gift and snack food service on wheels) to provide items to make patients, families and staff more comfortable.
Fill out your Auxiliary membership application online, print and sign it. Then either fax it to 904.202.8007 or email it to WCHAuxiliary@bmcjax.com or send it via the US Mail to WCH Auxiliary, 800 Prudential Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32207.
Interested in special projects and needs? Consider the WCH Auxiliary "Wish List" for ideas.
WCH Auxiliary accepts donations year round. Check the Wish List above for a list of appropriate donations. To drop off a donation, please complete this (click and fill) donation form and contact the office at 904.202.8008 to coordinate drop off time.
To learn more about becoming a member of the Wolfson Children's Hospital Auxiliary volunteer team call us at 904.202.8008 or e-mail us at WCHAuxiliary@bmcjax.com. Please provide a telephone number where we can reach you.
The Women's Board of Wolfson Children's Hospital is a volunteer organization whose mission is to further community awareness of Wolfson Children's Hospital's services and facilities and to raise money to ensure the finest pediatric health care is available. Each year, The Women's Board holds two major fundraising events, the Art & Antiques Show and the Florida Forum, which are two of Jacksonville's most popular cultural events.
For information, call The Women's Board at 904.202.2886.